BUCKINGHAMSHIRE'S MOST OUTSTANDING DOG GROOMING SERVICE & RECOGNISED LEADERS 2021
We have just a few terms and conditions at Canine Cutz to enable us to safely and successfully run our business and manage our clients and their wonderful dogs.
1. All new clients or those returning after a year are required to pay a non-refundable £10 (+£2 VAT) deposit per dog when booking an appointment. The deposit is transferable if the appointment needs to be changed with a minimum of 24 hours notice, however if less than 24 hours notice is provided or the client cancels or doesn't turn up, the deposit is forfeited and the appointment is offered to another client.
2. We encourage our clients to arrive a maximum of 10 minutes before their appointment time to check in, any earlier and you may be asked to return at your booked appointment time.
3. Should a client arrive late for their appointment by 15 minutes or more without prior notice, it is their groomer's discretion whether they will be able to undertake the groom in the time remaining from the original appointment time.
4. We respectfully ask that all clients ensure that they are available to be contacted whilst their dog is with us should we need to contact in an emergency or contact once the groom is complete. It is strongly recommended that you do not make other arrangements during your dogs grooming time or close to it as this may affect how efficiently you can collect your dog once they have been pampered.
5. If the client is more than 30 minutes late collecting their dog, without prior notice or due cause, a £5 per hour late collection fee may be charged.
6. We require at least 24 hours notice of an appointment cancellation. This enables us to offer your appointment to someone waiting on our cancellation list. Less than 24 hours notice will result in a charge of a minimum fee of 50% of your appointment cost. The cancellation fee may total the cost of the groom you had booked in if you do not attend and is enforceable if refusal to pay occurs.
7. Please ensure that your pooch has been toileted before you drop them off for their groom, no matter what the weather :)
8. We reserve the right to refuse a groom in certain circumstances, these include but are not limited to: ill health of dog or groomer, a flea infestation on a presented dog, aggression or fear past the point of us being able to continue, aggressive behaviour from clients, any other reason that may cause an injury to dog or groomer.
9. Should a client cancel (without appropriate notice) or not show on 2 occasions, they will be required to prepay their next appointment and also pay the missed appointment fee. After 3 missed or cancelled appointments the client will be removed from our database and will no longer be able to rebook with us.
10. Your appointment with us is just as important as your appointment with the dentist, vets, opticians, yoga teacher, coffee with friends and much more, please try to keep your appointment with us if you can, we are still running a business.
11. We strongly urge all our clients to inform us of any changes in their dogs health, no matter how insignificant they may seem.
12. We will implement a minimum £5 charge for any dogs which require a flea treatment whilst with us. This charge can fluctuate in accordance with how severe the case may be and the requirement of cleaning and sanitising of the salon.
13. Irregularity of your dog's grooming appointments may result in you paying a higher rate in comparison to a regular client with the same breed. This is in no way discrimination, but we wish to reward regular clients with consistent prices (excludes but isn't limited to price inflation or increases, matting, size and condition of dog).
14. We groom humanely and abide by the Animal Welfare Act. If a dog is presented to us in a severely matted and uncomfortable condition, we will seek the owner’s permission to de-matt by clipping the coat very short or shaving. This method of de-matting is painless for the animal and allows the skin to breathe and recover, thereby encouraging a new and healthy coat to develop. Occasionally, after shaving, sores or red skin may be revealed where dirt and infection or parasites have accumulated under the matting. Your vet will advise you of any treatment required. At the next groom, we will begin re-shaping and styling the coat according to breed type and/or owner requirements. We will be very happy to explain how to prevent future problems and maintain your dog’s coat at home.